Maryland's Largest Homemade Cheese Contest
Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 1pm
Montgomery County Fairgrounds
Back by popular demand! The Home Arts Department will host a contest for homemade cheese. All skill levels are welcome to compete. Watch the judging LIVE and join us after to taste the cheeses and meet the competitors!
- The Contest will be held at the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, on Sunday, August 12.
- NEW: You may now enter your cheese during regular Home Arts registration hours on Thursday, August 9 and Friday, August 10
- Cheeses can also be brought to the Home Arts Building on Sunday, August 12 between 10am-12pm.
- The Contest begins promptly at 1pm on Sunday, August 12 in the 4-H Demonstration Kitchen.
- All Cheese Makers are encouraged to participate. You do not need to be a resident of Montgomery County, Maryland to enter.
- Cheeses should not be marked with the entrant’s name or milk source.
- Please indicate whether you are an amateur or professional cheese maker.
- Cheeses should be identified with milk type, cheese type and any added flavorings (Ex: Cow’s milk, gouda-style; or Goat milk, Fresh with chives).
- The Chairman and Judges reserve the right to re-classify entries as needed.
- Categories with an abundance of entries may be subdivided by the Chairman and Judges.
- Ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- Entrants are encouraged to attend the judging and to remain afterward to share their cheeses.
- Judging is open to the public and exhibitors are welcome